Pages

Welcome!

I want to thank you for choosing to check out my blog. I appreciate honest comments on what you think about my products. I welcome suggestions :)


Monday, March 5, 2012

Last bits for Valentine's Bake Sale

This post is waaay too late, but better late than never. As I had promised, these are the last few bits of the things I had for my Valentine's Day Bake Sale.

The last post I published was about the Sugar Cookies. Well, these ones I left for this post because they were special. The reason why? Well because I got the idea from the decorated cookie. I saw the picture, but didn't read the instructions, missing an important point: the cotton candy...well it kinda melts. And my house is very humid, do these didn't stay fluffy for too long. But I think I did I pretty good job with them.



What I don't have a picture of, is the brownies I made for the event. Everyone kept asking for brownies instead of cookies, so I thought I'd make different kinds that aren't currently on my menu:

Red Velvet Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting: They went well with Valentine's Day.

White Chocolate Brownies with White Chocolate Glaze: For those who asked me to bake something with white chocolate.

Chocolate Chip Brownies with Cappuccino Buttercream Frosting: For the coffee lovers.

A few days after the Bake Sale, I asked people which brownies they liked the best so I can add them to my menu. I didn't get a clear answer. Some liked the Red Velvet, some the White Chocolate, and others the Cappuccino ones. So I think it is safe to say that I will be adding all 3 flavors on my menu. I also had orders of these from the people that had them during the Bake Sale.

The last thing I made, and it was very last minute, but successful, is Chocolate Covered Marshmallows. I was initially thinking of putting these on sticks, but to keep the cost down and the price much lower, I kept these as "finger" food.



I was so excited about the Bake Sale that I completely forgot to take pictures of the dessert table once it was completed. So here is a picture of me with some of the things I had for sale that day:








No comments:

Post a Comment