Pages

Welcome!

I want to thank you for choosing to check out my blog. I appreciate honest comments on what you think about my products. I welcome suggestions :)


Thursday, October 20, 2011

Bake Sale Flyer!

So...I'm not very good with all these computer graphics programs or whatnot so it took me a very short time to picture what I wanted as a flyer, and a very long time to accomplish it!!!

See, after following many many blogs, (ok not too many, like 50 of them) I realized how much I love organizing and planning my parties :) (or any parties but for the moment, my Bake Sale). I spent tons of hours reading blogs on Halloween projects and looking at pictures for inspiration. I saw this particular free "Boo" sign from Anders Ruff and saved it. Then I thought...what a nice sign to use as a Bake Sale Flyer! I adjusted it just a tad (see...here was were all the graphics stuff started to kick in) and then after loooong hours of trying to print it out in the right size, shape, color and such, I finally got it! I did a set of 2 on each piece of paper... and then ...they weren't centered! HA! So what to do now? I thought to myself "Chara, you must print them, copy them at a copy center, and then cut them yourself. No, you don't have that fancy cutter machine they had at the Design building at Long Beach State, but you have a ruler, an x-acto knife and some scissors...so DO IT!"

I got to the copy place (not really a copy center..more like a kiosk with a copier) and told the lady I wanted some copies...it was so funny! She looked at my flyer and said "You want me to cut these? I can make them look nice." She had one of those fancy cutting things! Oh what a JOY! So she cut my flyers into the perfect rectangle and now they are all the same size and shape and all!!!

Here it is :)

I downloaded some free Halloween fonts, too (there's 2 on here.. but honestly, I downloaded so much stuff that had no reference of where it was from, that now even if I wanted to download it again, I have no idea where to get it!). I posted the event on facebook and invited everyone in my group. Now hopefully, I'll get a good turnout :)

Join me for my Spooktacular Halloween Bake Sale! Muahhahahhahha!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment