Pages

Welcome!

I want to thank you for choosing to check out my blog. I appreciate honest comments on what you think about my products. I welcome suggestions :)


Sunday, October 9, 2011

Ghosts! Boo!

We are right in the middle of the voting process. This is the 5th entry for the Bake Sale voting, and then we have 5 more to go.

Today's subject, Ghoooooosts....!!! I must admit, I used to really be afraid of them when I was little.
But what IS a ghost? Certainly it's nothing like Casper. The idea of a ghost is that a person's spirit exists separately from their body and they might continue to exist after that person dies. If that happens, it's because an occurrence related to that ghost might still be pending, or a very strong emotion keeps that ghost from resting. What we usually hear as "that ghost has some unfinished business here." It seems that anger and the feeling of injustice are 2 emotions that are strong enough to keep ghosts from resting.

Other than seeing ghosts appear, other forms of their "existence" are strange noises, lights, odors or breezes, even the displacement of objects, bells that ring spontaneously or musical instruments that seem to play on their own.

The first ghost EVER, that was reported in writing, being seen, was in Athens, Greece, by the Roman author Pliny the Younger.

The second one was reported to be seen in a farmhouse in Germany, centuries later. This ghost was a poltergeist (a ghost that causes physical disturbances, loud noises, moving objects). It was said that it threw stones to the family living there and started fires. Yikes!!!

A famous ghost that has been reported being seen in more than just one place, is the one of Anne Boleyn, the second wife of King Henry VIII and mother of Queen Elizabeth I. She was executed at the Tower of London in May 1536 after she was accused of using witchcraft. Her ghost has been reported at the Tower of London, at her childhood home in Kent and various other places.

The most famous American ghost is the one of Benjamin Franklin. His ghost has been sighted at the library of the American Philosophical Society in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Some have said that his statue in front of the society comes to life and dances in the streets. What a fun ghost!!!

Abraham Lincoln seems to be the ghost hunting the White House. He is the most sighted ghost in American history.

Haunted places are usually places that had grisly happenings such as places that war battles took place.
The Queen Mary is a famous haunted cruise ship, now sitting in Long Beach, CA (I actually lives for 3 years across the ship...I've been inside, too. I personally never saw a ghost in there...or maybe I did and didn't know it was one!)
New York is a ghost rich city: Peter Stuyvesant, Mark Twain, Dylan Thomas, Aaron Burr are some famous ones.

Al Capone is also known for appearing to disrespectful visitors at his funeral plot in Illinois. Spectral banjo music has also been heard coming from inside his cell in Alcatraz. He didn't play no music for me when I visited! (Thank you Al...I would've shit my pants!!)

Apple Ghost
A Granny Smith Apple rolled in White Candy Melt.

Ghost Cupcake
Vanilla Cupcake. A Ghost made with sugar paste. I have to find something edible to make it stand tall. Probably some candy.

Cookie Ghost
Chocolate Cookie...something dark with royal icing on top.

Meringue Ghost Lollipop
Vanilla meringue, turned into a lollipop :)

Ghost Cake Pop
I've never made cake pops before but how hard could it be? So brownie inside with white candy melt and chocolate details. Or I can even use one of those edible pens.

History points stolen from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment